What is BizSAFE?
BizSAFE is a five-step program developed by the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC), Singapore, that helps business leaders address one very important concern in workspaces- safety. The program provides assistance to business leaders and organisations in building their workplace security health capabilities. BizSAFE provides them with the opportunity to improve in health and safety standards.
BizSAFE guides companies, starting from the top management, through a path that takes them towards workspace security and health. It helps them acquire risk management capabilities and implement a proper workplace security and health management system. The process helps participating companies in gaining recognition and reap the advantages of having an all-inclusive security and health system in workplaces.
BizSAFE Level 2 Certification
BizSAFE Level 1 certification targets top management, CEO and senior executives to inspire commitment from them. This is the starting point that ultimately leads one to the BizSAFE Level 2 Certification. The Level 2 of the program targets appointed risk management champions who are expected to acquire different risk management capabilities.
It’s a mandate for businesses to appoint a risk management champion who develops and manages the process in the workplace to minimise risks right at the source. The Level 2 of the program lasts for 2 days at the end of which, the risk management champion is expected to develop and present a well-crafted plan for workplace risk management.
BizSAFE Level 2 Certification holds importance in a Singaporean business environment where leaders are constantly worried about workplace safety. This level of training helps the risk management champion identify the actions that need to be taken. The training also requires the participant to form teams, assess risks, monitor and control workplace risks, and communicate them to various parties.
Below are a few aspects that are a part of this training level:
• Verification of expectations of the risk management representative with the right person in order to comply with the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policy.
• Creation of various risk management teams on the basis the policy and meet the requirements laid down by the WSH (Risk Management) regulations.
• Establishment of various hazard identification processes.
• Establishment of various risk control measures to lower the risks of the identified hazards.
• Devising a risk management plan for workplaces to implement risk assessment, hazard identification, and risk control measures keeping the WSH policy as a base.
• Following organisational procedures in presenting the risk management plan to concerned stakeholders.
• Communication of hazards, risks and implemented control measures to the concerned person
After the completion of this course, the risk management champion is also required to participate in an assessment to grade for risk management competency. The WDA awards a Statement of Attainment if the representative gets a “competent” tag in his/her assessment.
BizSAFE Level 2 Certification is important for businesses in Singapore because it helps them comply with the principles laid down by the Workplace Safety and Health Act. It allows risk management champions to identify and minimise risks right at the source, increase ownership of industry stakeholders, and achieve remarkable WSH systems and outcomes.